Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day! We are thoroughly enjoying our 4 day weekend! Yesterday we spent the day downtown Seattle, and met up with my parents for lunch at "Matt's at the Market". Afterwards we walked around Pike Place Market a bit and then downtown. I even met up with my girlfriends later for drinks and to see Twilight.

Saturday we decided to be productive and Matt spent about 5 hours in the basement working on things, while I spent the day working in the yard (and boy did it need it!).

I was inspired and decided to try and make some festive decorated sugar cookies for tomorrow.


Sweet Peas! I LOVE these flowers, probably my new favorite. I have always loved flowers, but I was inspired by a DIY blog lately that I read, and they say getting some bright/inexpensive flowers once a month is a great way to keep your house feeling fresh and colorful. Picked these up at the market for about $5, and boy is it worth every penny.... they just make me so happy! =)


After a long day of yardwork... mowing, weeding, trimming. Brought in these pretty yellow flowers and some lavendar from our yard, and put them in a short little vase on our living room coffee-table. Cute right? I'm going to make this a new habit.

No comments: