Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome 2011

It's almost 2011, and I'm looking forward to the new year. 2010 was good to me and I have no complaints, but I just have a feeling 2011 will be great.

After much thought and internal debate, I decided to take a new job and will be starting it in the new year on January 4th! I loved my co-workers and clients at my current company, but had been there 5 years and was feeling ready for a promotion and a new challenge. I'll still be working in media... at another advertising agency in Seattle... and it's a small industry so I'm happy that I'll still get to see people I know and old co-workers now and then.  Wish me luck!

I'm also looking forward to 2011 since we already know of 3 good friends of ours that are getting married next year. I love weddings and getting together with friends we don't always see often to celebrate. And one of these weddings will be up in Whistler in July (which I can't wait for)... That will be a beautiful wedding and such a fun getaway.

The house of course is always on our list of things "to-do"... and fingers crossed all the electrical, dry-wall, cabinetry & carpet will be done in the next few months. Then I can finally start picking out fun paint colors and looking for neat furniture/accessories/art/etc. Our goal is to finally have it all done by May (which would put us about 1 year from when we started)!

Finally... Matt and I are also hoping to sneak in a vacation away at some point this year. Going to Egypt last year was amazing and we definitely have the travel bug. Hopefully we can get away for a week to Greece or maybe somewhere in South America this year.

So much to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to. Wishing you all the best for your families in 2011 as well. Cheers!

No comments: