Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shades of Grey

Now that we know we are having a little girl... we decided on a theme for the nursery, and it's time to get started working on it! Whether it was a boy or girl, I've known for a while that I wanted the main colors in the nursery to be grey & white.

We already have white molding throughout our house, and white french doors which lead into the nursery. The baby furniture will also be all white which I've already purchased. So I convinced Matt we should paint the walls grey. I don't want them to be too dark though, it still has to be a happy room, so we are looking for just the right shade of light/medium grey. I then saw the cutest wall decals on etsy.com.... that look like white birch trees to put on the walls. 

So we are thinking we will do this, and then add accent colors to the room of yellow (I'm sure this little gal will also have plenty of things in pink... but for the purpose of looking at lamps/wall paintings/pillows and other accents...we will go with shades of yellow). 

Here is the first take at a few shades of grey I painted on the walls with some samples from Home Depot. I think the one of the right turned out too blue-ish, and the one of the left is too dark. The one in the middle might be just right though. =) 




Here is also an example picture of what we are going to try and do after we buy the wall decals, and put these up on the longest wall in the nursery.  You can order the decal with different colors, but I love the white of the trees already, and for the little birds we will go with Yellow! 
(stole this picture from the Etsy site - but giving credit below with the url in case anyone else wants to check out this guy's awesome decals)


http://www.etsy.com/listing/64873620/the-original-tree-wall-decal-wall

No comments: