Sunday, August 3, 2008

Way too long...

It's been way too long since we've last updated our blog... and a lot has happened! So to start, here are a few of the latest updates to our house (these were all projects we completed before the wedding which was July 18th).

We managed to almost completely finish the fence, we just need to put in a couple gates still, but it is looking great and we are feeling really good that we were able to do it all on our own (with some help from friends and family of course).

I also decided before the wedding I really wanted to re-paint the green trim on the outside of our house of course =). This may seem really odd but the paint was peeling pretty bad in some places and I wanted everything to look great before friends and family from out of town came and saw our house for the first time. So Matt patiently set up the ladder for me and helped me with the electric sander.... we got all the wood trim on the front of the house sanded and then I re-painted it the same matching green color. I also touched up the back of the house (since I was already up on the roof!). If really does look 20x better though!




That's me on the roof painting some trim on the back of the house. =)

1 comment:

The Burdo Family said...

It looks great, can't wait to see it in person! I need to come by sometime and drop off your wedding present, let me know what day is best for you.

Can't wait until you post pics from your wedding, you looked gorgeous!