Sunday, March 27, 2011

My DIY chair project

When we bought our house there were all sorts of suprises, one of which was all the random things the previous owners left behind. Most of it went to the dump, but I saved this one really old looking chair with intentions to re-finish it at one point.

Matt conintually complained as we stored it in the basement and I kept having to move it to keep it out of the way of other projects... but I kept promising I was going to do something with it at some point. =)

Well last weekend I finally did. After removing the old flowery fabric and stuffing, sanding the chair down, and then painting it white... I added new foam padding and cute blue/white fabric which I attached with silver tacks. It was all super easy, and I think it turned out pretty cute! I plan to put the chair in our bedroom (it will go with the blue/white/grey theme in there).

And here are a few pictures:




After fabric & stuffing was removed, and being sanded.

After the first coat of white spray paint. (I did 2 more coats)

With new padding and fabric!



No comments: