Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What we've been up to

I have been bad at blogging this last couple months. We've been busy, with life, work, and house projects... but for some reason I have failed to really take any pictures (and in my mind there is no point in posting a blog post without pictures). Well I figured I should just get over it and post an update anyways... and make an effort for more pictures from now on.

Updates on the House... lots and lots of little projects... including finishing wood framing in random places to get it finally ready for drywall. This included framing in places like the ceilings of the closets in the basement, and around the main beam (so that its all the same size and will be smooth once we drywall). I give all credit for this to Matt. I am useless when it comes to framing walls or anything else in that realm.

We also have an official start date for when drywall goes in! The day after Memorial Day weekend, May 31st, we will have contractors in our house and drywall is going in! Overall they think it will take them 1 day to drywall our whole basement, but then 8-10 days total for all the mud and taping and sanding and texturing (with dry time in between some days). Super excited this is going to be done by professionals and we know for sure when it's happening now. 

This also means the next 2 weeks we are going to be full force working on the house to be 100% ready for drywall. Our last projects will include: insulation in the basement ceiling (this weekend), getting internet & cable hooked up and wired to the basement (so that the wires will be behind the walls), and lots of clean up of supplies and tools...

I promise I will take pictures as the next few weeks unfold and things quickly progress with the house!

No comments: