Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer fun

It's been a great summer. While not working on the basement, we've had lots of time with friends and family. A couple weddings, graduations, trips, bbq's... all the good things of summer. Matt took a trip to Whistler with some of his guy friends, and I'm heading to Hawaii for a week with 2 of my girl friends this week.

I have to say, I secretly love fall though and can't wait until after labor day, when it is officially ok in my mind to have pumpkin spice latte's and switch to wearing boots and fall wardrobe. =)

Over the summer though, I was inspired to try my hand at making some sugar cookies  (got some new cookie cutters and a frosting kit).  I think they turned out pretty good, and can't wait until October to try out my new pumkin cookie cutter.

I made these heart cookies for a neighborhood block party in early August. Our block in west seattle does it every year during the official "national neighborhood night out", and we chat and get to know each other. I think its great to know your neighbors!


And here are a few I made and brought to Matt's company picnic this year (also in August). The ice cream cones turned out super cute, next time I think they need sprinkles though.


No comments: