Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First Snow

We had our first snow of the year this week! Seattle doesn't get snow very often, maybe a dusting of snow each year and then it melts the next day. But this reminded me of the "big snow" of 2008 when we got 2 feet. On Monday we got a couple inches.... but I dont think anyone was even expecting that, so everyone still drove in to work that day and it was a mess getting home. Seriously, worst traffic mess I have ever seen in Seattle.... literally took Matt & I in the car 5 hours to get home from downtown to West Seattle (which would normally take 15 minutes).

I have to say though, even after that horrific 5 hour drive home.... I'm crossing my fingers for lots more snow this year. I just can't help it! Love the snow and how pretty it makes everything look... I'll take that over rain any day.

Here is a picture from our front porch.

No comments: