Sunday, November 21, 2010

Its that time of year...

Time to get the Chimney swept. I can't believe we have lived in our house for 3 years and have never had a fire. Matt was concerned since the chimney was so old, how long it had been since it was cleaned (if too long and there was a lot of build up it could cause a chimney fire which we do not want!)... and we just kept putting off getting it cleaned. Now I wish we had sooner!

I called up a company I found recommended on the West Seattle blog - The Mad Hatter, and scheduled them to do the Chimney cleaning. They were booked out for about a month back in October when I called, so we just had them in this week. They had a $99 special, and did an awesome job. They kept everything really clean and did a total inspection of things letting us know about a few other things we should keep an eye on or fix on the roof in the future. I am always weary about letting contractors or workers in our house, worried it will get super dirty or that if Matt isn't here and they say technical things that are over my head and I'll have no idea what they are talking about and I won't know the right questions to ask. But these 2 guys were both so nice and friendly and helped answer any questions I had.

Can't wait to have our first fire in the fireplace this year!


1 comment:

New Jersey Chimney Cleaning said...

Hi Dude,

Wow so nice! I like this site.Keep it working every day.