Monday, May 23, 2011

White ceramic animals

I have a love for things white and ceramic... and recently this extends to white ceramic animals. We recently purchased this Rhino from Z Gallery (it was already painted white like this... and we loved how it looks like it was folded from origami). I also have this little ceramic bird I picked up at the Thrift store for about 50 cents, and spray painted it white a few weeks ago.


 (*This may be part of the reason I am so obsessed with reading the very popular blog Young House Love, she has great design ideas, and also a love for finding fun objects and painting them white).

My obsession has luckily been ok'd by Matt (if he hated it I'm not sure how far I'd get with these... we have somewhat of an unspoken agreement that if either of us totally hates something... be it a ceiling fan or light fixture or anything house decor... even if the other person loves it we don't do it). So while I was away a couple weekends ago and he went garage sale shopping with his mom, he picked up this cute little frog for me to spray paint white. Not sure where it's going to go yet... but will be a fun addition to our decor somewhere... I think he might look cute sitting on top of a stack of books somewhere? We'll see.

Before & After