Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seasonal decor makes me happy

Like flowers, I have a soft spot for pumpkins. In fact I have to restrain myself or I would buy one everytime I see them at the store. When they first show up at our neighborhood vegetable stand (Tony's) it makes me just giddy. And when I found some of the really cool "Harvest Pumpkins" (the only way I can describe them is they look like heirloom tomatoes kind of) at Trader Joe's I went about crazy. I'm limiting myself this year to 2 large pumpkins on the porch this year, and a small one with a green gord as centerpieces on our table.






"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul."  ––Luther Burbank

(ok, so I found this quote on the Trader Joe's website and stole it. I think its great though and expresses my love for flowers and other seasonal arrangements!)

No comments: