Monday, January 23, 2012

The Nursery!

The nursery is "done", and I am finally posting pictures of it!

The last piece I kept waiting to finish was to put up letters on the wall above the baby's crib with her name. Apparently, you can't have a nursery without the baby's name on the wall somewhere (every nursery I looked at for inspiration on various blogs had wooden letters on the wall, and I do think they are cute, so it was a must).

I finally found some letters we liked on Etsy which were unpainted and in a font that we liked (I wanted to find something more unusual and not just standard letters). I put in the order on etsy (for a steal at $22 including all 6 letters and shipping), and got them in the mail this week. We painted them a bright yellow of course to match the other yellow accents in her room, and now that they are up we are ready for this baby to get there!

So here it is... the finished room!









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Love it and so will Claire! It is so very cute! :)
Really love Claire's name on the wall - what a nice finishing touch.
Love you,
Mom

Andrea said...

So cute, I'm freaking out! ;) I'm so excited to meet the little angel! :)

~Andrea

Cindy said...

That is really cute! You did a great job making something really different and original it is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! A dream nursery for dear Claire who will be blessed and wlecomed into a dream family... God's blessings on all of this amazing family.... kath

Bob and Mary said...

What a lucky baby Claire is! Now all you need is Claire. Are you ready yet?

Bob and Mary said...

What a lucky baby Claire is! Now all you need is Claire. Are you ready yet?

Cara said...

Jessica! LOVE this!!! Such a beautiful room. I'm sure baby will love it too! :)